The Forensics Investigation & Incident Response course is part of the comprehensive training program for a career in cybersecurity and information security.
The course encompasses the principles of work and processes of response and documentation for cyber breaches and the discovery of security breaches. It also includes thorough documentation of the breach's defense layer and its root cause. Such actions are crucial for information security operations, as they involve assessing the defense layer, documenting in case of an issue, resolving the breach for future proceedings, including legal utilization, investigation, and more.
To effectively conduct an investigation and documentation, one must be familiar with methodologies and steps required in such cases. This enables a quick and professional response to any problem. Additionally, specific tools tailored for Linux or Windows are utilized in cases like these. Tools like network communication scanning and log analysis are used to analyze the current activity. Such tools and more will be taught during this course.
Studying Forensics Investigation & Incident Response is essential for a career in information security and cybersecurity, equipping the cybersecurity professional with valuable tools to provide comprehensive defense and respond appropriately and professionally when necessary.
The studies of Forensics Investigation & Incident Response
This course examines the core principles of practical incident response (IR). We will learn the main symptoms, how to prepare and define security actions, defend against threats, actions to take when incidents occur, forensic techniques for event handling, detecting attacks on networks, websites, and applications, practical approaches to incident handling.
Who is the Forensics Investigation & Incident Response course for?
The course is suitable for:
- Students with no experience who are interested in learning cybersecurity - must first pass the Cyber Fundamentals exam/course.
- Candidates seeking to join SOC teams and specialize in criminal detection and cybersecurity event investigation.
- System administrators/Linux professionals looking to enhance their knowledge in cybersecurity and safety.
- Architects/Team Leaders/Engineers/Developers interested in participating in cybersecurity projects.
What are the prerequisites for the course?
- Knowledge or experience in networking is required.
- Moderate computer literacy is expected, using a Windows-operated computer.
- Experience in scripting implementation is an advantage.
- Mandatory experience in Linux or UNIX.