In 2006, Amazon launched its cloud services infrastructure - AWS. Cloud services offer a wide range of solutions in areas such as infrastructure, storage, databases, configurations, resource management, automation processes, and more. Due to the efficiency of the platform and the wide array of solutions it provides, AWS services are widely used in the tech industry, with their usage increasing over the years as more companies recognize the platform's advantages.
In addition to the use of the AWS platform, there are additional benefits, such as pay-as-you-go resource payment as opposed to fixed monthly costs, the highest level of security, technical support, excellent uptime, and more.
The usage of Amazon's cloud services is very common in the tech industry, and in many cases, a broad range of employees, including those in infrastructure, IT, developers, software testers, and of course, DevOps personnel, are involved with AWS services in various capacities. Familiarity with AWS tools is an integral part of job requirements and ongoing activities.
In the course, we will learn about popular tools of Amazon's services, such as:
- VPC - Virtual Private Cloud
- EC2 - Elastic Compute Cloud
- ELB - Elastic Load Balancing
- Auto Scaling using the command line
In addition to learning and experimenting with tools and popular platforms of Amazon, we will accumulate practical experience in cloud server deployment, permission setting, server security architecture, automation processes, configuration execution, instance deployment, issue identification and resolution, permission setting, and more. The entire learning process in the course will be accompanied by hands-on projects and tasks carried out by the students, aimed at gaining practical experience (Hands-On) that will lead to high proficiency in working with AWS.
Who is the AWS course for?
- Those interested in professional training for integration into the industry as System/Servers/IT/DevOps personnel, and more...
- Released soldiers interested in transitioning to the tech industry (with approval from the Ministry of Economy - recognized for military deferment).
- Academics from other professions seeking professional transition.
- Knowledge and experience in working with computers, the internet.
- Background and/or experience with the Linux operating system is an advantage.
General Information about the AWS course:
- This course is a hands-on course that includes frontal lectures and practical exercises.
- Class exercises accompanied by explanations, homework assignments, and solutions on the course website.
- A course booklet.
- Videos and presentations on the course website.
- Towards the end of the course, each student will complete a practical project that sums up the acquired knowledge during the course.
- Lectures take place once a week in the evening or morning hours.